Thursday, June 19, 2008

At the Playground, you KNOWWWWWW

So this was back when I first discovered Dave Hill, Dragan, and all their spawn. I like the style....bold color, dramatic, over the top imagery. Not for everything of course, but it lends itself well to a lot of the cartoon violence type of imagery that's always in my head.
So for this shoot, Cantria flew in to shoot with me and the weather in the Bay was its usual winter gloom. So we shot entirely indoors, with a gray backdrop I believe . (and yeah, both subjects are CANTRIA. I think I was going for a boys vs. girls on the playground theme. Or maybe some kind of cool dualism of man's nature theme. Hard to say, this was back in December, and silly ideas flow in and out of me like crazy. Anyhow, the ideas required Cantria to reeeeally overact, and she was pretty badass at it. It was a lot of fun.
Jerome was assisting. Shoots with Jerome are always fun. He's got this utterly engaging and funny personality, that keeps models and crew comfortable and relaxed. And it lets me participate in that vibe, but be able to pull back and just do what I do. I can be the quiet one for a bit, and concentrate on the image.
Technical notes, lessee......ring light, and one fill light, camera left i believe. 20mm prime Nikkor lens attached to my trusty ole d70
The playground backdrop was lifted from the StockXchange stock photo site.
PS notes, some level adjustment, dodging and burning, nothing crazy.

No comments: